Gifting with Less Waste.
Just in the UK every year enough amount of wrapping paper is thrown away to stretch to the moon according to the Waste and Resources Action Programme (WRAP), as we already mentioned in our previous blog. How shocking.
Using no wrapping paper for your Christmas gift is also one way to tackle this issue. However, if you still want to keep that opening-a-gift-sensation, we have a solution for you.
Wrap your gift with Kind Bag - made from 100% recycled plastic bottles! Yes it is a bag (not just a pretty bag though, it's full of unique features), but it can actually be used as a beautiful alternative for single-use wrapping paper.
Wrapping your gifts with Kind Bag is not just kinder to the planet, but it also adds more value to your gift, as well as making it look colourful and pretty, bringing more festive feel.
How to wrap your gift with Kind Bag
Here's a basic wrapping instruction - in this way you can wrap pretty much anything. Our Medium Bag measures 39 x 64 x 17cm so even a big book like below fits comfortably.
1. Place your gift inside the bag. Lift up the bag with the gift inside to ensure the gift is placed in the middle of the bottom of the bag.
2. Place the bag on a flat surface and tie the handles as tight as possible.
3. Make a bow knot with the handles.
4. Arrange the bag's fabric to the shape of the gift.
5. If you like, add more decorations - such as dried flowers and message tag!
For smaller items you can use Mini Kind Bags too.
For a narrow and long items (such as a bottle of wine), in the step 2, you can bring the handles to the other side and make a bow know there, to make it look like the Berry Kind Bag in the top image.
We hope these tips help you to reduce waste in the festive period.
Happy sustainable Christmas! ✌️🎄